Choosing Your Rental Property
Selecting the perfect rental property is an important decision. Here are some of the many things you should consider, and questions to ask.
Is the house or apartment in good condition? Is the paint and carpet in good condition? Are the appliances old or new? Is the exterior well maintained? Does it have the features you need? Laundry facility? Dishwasher? Parking? Ample room? Be sure to ask about utility costs (including cable, Internet, etc.) and figure this into your overall budget.
Do you want to live in "party central" or on a quiet street? Make sure you pick the right neighborhood for how you want to live.
The Property Manager:
Service after the sale is very important with rental properties. Will your calls be answered promptly? Will repairs be handled efficiently? With Folsom & Co. the answer is definitely YES!!
What You Can Expect From Folsom & Company Real Estate:
- A clean, well-maintained property. We work hard to insure that your new home will be clean and ready when your moving day arrives. Any cleaning or repairs identified will be handled promptly.
- During your lease we give prompt attention to property maintenance. No big company run-around! Most repair requests are handled in one or two days. Even major repairs, like replacement of an appliance, are handled quickly.
- Snow removal, lawn care and exterior pickup is performed on a regular schedule to maintain a neat appearance around the house.
- Security is a top priority at all of our properties. Exterior doors feature electronic deadbolt locks, which are always re-programmed during tenant turnovers. Exterior entrances are well lit with dusk to dawn lighting.
- We respect your privacy. Anytime repairs or showings are scheduled, you will be notified by text prior to our visit.
What We Expect From You:
In order to provide a high-quality rental property, we have higher standards for our residents. Please be assured that we conduct our business in full compliance with fair housing laws and will assist you without regard to race, creed, sex, religion, national origin, familial status, marital status, or handicap. Before you complete the rental application, be sure that you and your roommates agree with our policies. A partial list of our policies is presented below and our lease agreement contains a complete list.
- To maintain a clean exterior appearance and to comply with City of Boulder ordinance, upholstered or indoor furniture is not permitted on front porches or anywhere on the exterior of the property.
- Smoking, marijuana use and/or burning incense is not permitted inside.
- Pets are not allowed at most of our properties. If the property you are considering says "no pets" please know this rule is strictly enforced. Our company will accommodate individuals with a service animal or emotional support animal (ESA) and has documentation for your review and completion available upon request.
- Large, noisy parties are not permitted at our properties and our leases require strict compliance with Boulder's noise and nuisance party ordinances.
- Rent payments must be paid electronically and initiated on or before the first business day of the month and are considered late on the second day of the month.
- Our leases require a Parent - Guardian Lease Guarantee. Make sure your parents are willing to sign a guarantee prior to applying to rent our properties.
Showing and Leasing Information:
Properties are shown by appointment and only to groups with all potential roommates identified. Rental applications should only be submitted after your entire group has toured the property.
Our Leasing Procedure:
- View the properties online and visit the property to confirm its location. Please do not disturb the current residents and ask to tour the property on your own. Confirm the monthly rent, utilities and security deposit payment are within everyone's budgets before the tour. Security deposits are due after the lease signing. Confirm all roommates are prepared to pay the deposit after the lease signing.
- Click here to request a tour
- After touring, EACH roommate must complete and submit a rental application: Rental Application Forms. There is no fee for the application at this point; a fee is paid at the lease signing.
- Once all applications from your group are received, they will be reviewed and if accepted your group will receive a draft lease agreement and related documents for review. During this review period you will be invited to a ZOOM virtual pre-lease meeting where all roommates and parents (if desired) will meet with the Property Manager to discuss the lease requirements and answer your questions.
- Following the pre-lease appointment, the lease will be sent to everyone for their electronic signatures using DocuSign.
- The final step in the leasing process is payment of the security deposit and rental application fee electronically.