Choosing Your Rental Property
Selecting the perfect rental property is an important decision. To help you through the process, here are some of the many things you should consider, and some important questions to ask.
Is the house or apartment in good condition? Is the paint and carpet in good condition? Are the appliances old or new? Is the exterior well maintained? Does it have the features you need? Laundry facility? Dishwasher? Parking? Ample room? Be sure to ask about utility costs (including phone, cable, Internet, etc.) and figure this into your overall budget.
Do you want to live in “party central” or on a quiet street? Make sure you pick the right neighborhood for how you want to live.
The Property Manager:
Service after the sale is very important with rental properties. Will your calls be answered promptly? Will repairs be handled efficiently? With Folsom & Co. the answer is definitely YES!
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A clean, well-maintained property. We work hard to insure that your new home will be clean and ready when your moving day arrives. Any cleaning or repairs identified will be handled promptly.
- During your lease we give prompt attention to property maintenance. No big company run-around! Most repair requests are handled in one or two days. Even major repairs, like replacement of an appliance, are handled quickly.
- Snow removal, lawn care and exterior pickup is performed on a regular schedule to maintain a neat appearance around the house.
- Security is a top priority at all of our properties. Exterior doors feature deadbolt locks, which are always re-keyed during tenant turnovers. Exterior entrances are well lit with dusk to dawn lighting.
- We respect your privacy. Anytime repairs or showings are scheduled, you will be notified by email or telephone prior to our visit.
What We Expect From You:
In order to provide a high quality rental property, we have higher standards for our residents. Please be assured that we conduct our business in full compliance with fair housing laws and will assist you without regard to race, creed, sex, religion, national origin, familial status, marital status, or handicap. Before you complete the rental application, be sure that you and your roommates are in agreement with our policies. A partial list of our policies is presented below. Our lease agreement contains a complete list.
- To maintain a clean exterior appearance and to comply with City of Boulder ordinance, upholstered or indoor furniture is not permitted on front porches or anywhere on the exterior of the property.
- Smoking and/or burning incense is not permitted inside the rental property.
- Marijuana use/and or growing is not permitted.
- Pets are not allowed at some of our properties. If the property you are considering says “no pets” please know this rule is strictly enforced. If you want to have a pet, you should rent a place that allows pets.
- Large noisy parties are not permitted. Some houses may be considered party houses, however ours are not. The neighbors have made it clear that they will not tolerate the noise and trash associated with frequent parties. If you want to have large, noisy parties our properties are not for you.
- Rent payments are due on the first day of the month and are considered late on the second day of the month. Our charge for late rent payments is $15 per day. The fee for a bounced check is $35.
Showing and Leasing Information:
Properties are shown by appointment and only to groups with all potential roommates identified. Rental applications should only be submitted after you have toured the property.
Our Leasing Procedure:
- View our properties online and visit the property to confirm its location. Please do not disturb the current residents and ask to tour the property on your own.
- Click here to: request a tour
- After touring, submit a rental application online by clicking here: Open Rental Application Form There is no fee to submit the online rental application.
- Once all applications from your group are received, they will be pre-screened and if accepted your group will be invited to a pre-lease appointment where all roommates will meet with the Property Manager to discuss the lease requirements and answer your questions. Each applicant will be required to pay a $30 application fee during this appointment. A hold deposit of $200 will also be paid at this appointment to place a hold on the property for your group. The $200 will be applied to the security deposit when the lease is signed.
- Immediately following the pre-lease appointment, a draft lease agreement will be emailed to each applicant who will have 3 days to review the lease and discuss with parents / guardian before signing.
- Applicants will meet with Property Manager for lease signing and to pay the balance of the security deposit.